5/09/2008

Yesterday I exploded. All my frustrations and loneliness on the road was accumulating (being hot, getting sick, no internet, etc.) and on top of everything, I found out that the Cambodia-based Vietnam embassy (which, by the way, was this tiny box in the middle of a field) could not locate my passport. I was planning on leaving Phnom Penh and I was stuck without a passport. But I raised hell (with a nice smile, of course) and within the next hour, I got my passport back with the 30 day visa and a discount. I calmed down, showered, and made peace with Phnom Penh and my stomach settled down. I ate delicious South Indian food with Mike, drank some beer, and had an intense conversation with a random Cambodian man about the state of Cambodia and the importance of progress. Went to sleep and then took a 6 hour bus ride to Siem Reap (turned out to be 8 hours because the bus broke down and the bus ride was complete with Khmer karaoke and scenes of conservative Khmer lovers in the countryside)!

So that's where I am right now. And I have wireless internet at my hotel so I am fixing up academic things back home which is such a relief for good old nerdy Sewon. Well, it's about 4 am and I am going off on a motorcycle to catch the sunrise at the ruins!

I'm feeling stoked about the day but p.s. I have a strange blister on the side of my BODY (not feet). Will post crazy photos tonight!

No comments: