5/08/2008

I am going through major culture shock here in Phnom Penh! There is no cheap delicious food like in Thailand and there is no public transportation. All the tuk tuk rides are making me poor and I am getting really frustrated because everyone thinks I am rich. Look, I worked three jobs last semester on top of 18 credits of classes so I could independently fund my entire trip.

AND I CANNOT find a single reliable computer+internet in this country. I went to some silly overpriced restaurant because Lonely Planet said it had free wifi. No, the wireless internet was at least $10. The meal was at least $10 and I had a stupid hamburger instead of something delicious. Fuck that.

And then my tuk tuk driver insisted on waiting for me and made me pay him a lot more than I bargained for.

So no internet, shitty meal, grumpy stomach, empty wallet for almost $30 for the past few hours in Cambodia.

I want to go back to Thailand...

Also, I screwed up the end of last semester in college for two of my classes because I didn't have internet connection to submit my extra credit/paper and I didn't even bring a flash drive because I assumed I'd have wifi at every cafe/hotel.

Being the nerd I am, I am really upset about that and it makes me anxious I cannot even think. I think I am mostly grumpy because I've been kind of sick. I have no appetite and I feel like puking my guts out all the time. Man, everything is overpriced. Khmer food tastes pretty good but I wonder if it's making me sick. I just keep dreaming of stepping outside to delicious 50 cent Thai chicken soup noodles and the sky train station to all the places I want to go to alone...

Well, I'm headed to Siem Reap tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be more peaceful there and less polluted.

Oh by the way, Cambodians are very nice. I like them a lot.

1 comment:

Claire said...

you are tuff enuff for this!