5/19/2008

Back to Thailand...

Sawaddee Ka! I'm back in Bangkok! So I guess I have been traveling nonstop for the past three weeks now. That's almost a month. I haven't been robbed and I haven't been raped. I don't want to jinx myself but I think it's been pretty great/safe traveling everywhere alone. Girl power, etc. Whoo! Well, I have a pseudo-travel partner now so it's even safer.

What crazy three weeks. I'm getting tan (even though that might not be a good thing in this country), making some progress on my Thai (enhanced experience with the taxi driver and impressing him with my skills and getting to my guest house super fast), getting strong, and becoming a hardass woman traveling woman (you can't scam me, bitches). But not so jaded, really. But I do miss home. I miss people who know me and appreciate me and care about me. I miss the hugs and the warmth. I miss my car and my bed. I miss ice cold water fountains and shopping without the stress of bargaining. But bargaining is fun.

Overall, there have been really wonderful people on the road. I write about them constantly in my moleskin. Traveling makes the world feel smaller!

It's strange to be back in Bangkok. It was my first destination and now it feels almost like home. I've been needing to run some errands so today will be dedicated to that. You know, getting more shampoo/contact solution/etc. Also, I lost my debit card. And my cell phone. AND MY LONELY PLANET SOUTHEAST ASIA ON A SHOESTRING. So I've been trying to bargain a bootleg copy of lonely planet for $5 but vendors just don't budge. I e-mailed my dad to take care of my card. I've needed a new cell phone anyway... (I'm just trying not to feel too bad about losing stuff).

Anyway, I am definitely ready to settle in one place so I can stop the unpacking, packing and just RELAX. I think we definitely need a big 4th of July party at 804. I gotta talk to Courtney, BESTFUTUREHOUSEMATEEVER. I'm so stoked about all our neighbors, guests, friends, lovers, all that. It's gonna be a supersweetsweetbomb year no kidding.

And hey, (I'm being so random..my head is everywhere) I've been coming up with exciting exercises to do with my Thai students. I can't wait until I meet them!

No comments: